Samui-immigration-office • Koh Samui Language & Vocational School

Education (NON-ED) Visa to Thailand Rules and Requirements Updated April 2023

Thailand offers various types of visas

If you’re planning to study or attend a course in Thailand, you might need to obtain a visa. Thailand offers various types of visas for students, including the Education (NON-ED) Visa. In this article, we will provide you with the latest updates on the rules and requirements for obtaining a NON-ED Visa for studying in Thailand.

Types of Visas for Students Before we dive into the details of the NON-ED Visa, let’s take a look at the different types of visas available for students in Thailand:

  • Tourist Visa
  • Education (NON-ED) Visa
  • Non-Immigrant Visa (B)

Education (NON-ED) Visa

The Education (NON-ED) Visa is for students who want to study in Thailand for a period of more than three months. Unlike the ED Visa, which requires students to study Thai language or Buddhism, the NON-ED Visa allows students to study any course or program, such as language courses, vocational courses, or university degrees.

Rules and Requirements for Education (NON-ED) Visa

To apply for the Education (NON-ED) Visa, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • Passport or travel document with a validity of at least 6 months
  • Completed visa application form
  • One passport-size photograph (4×6 cm)
  • Proof of enrollment or acceptance into a recognized educational institution in Thailand
  • Financial evidence, such as bank statements or a letter of sponsorship from a third party, showing that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Thailand
  • Criminal record check certificate from your home country (depending on your nationality)

Application Process and Fees

To apply for the Education (NON-ED) Visa, you can either apply at a Thai embassy or consulate in your home country or apply for a visa exemption upon arrival in Thailand. The visa fee for a single-entry NON-ED Visa is 2,000 baht, and the extension fee for an additional 90-day stay is 1,900 baht.

The application process can take up to two months, depending on your nationality and the waiting time at the Ministry of Education and Immigration Bureau. It is recommended to apply for the visa well in advance to avoid any delays.

To study in Thailand for more than three months, you will need to obtain an Education (NON-ED) Visa

In conclusion, if you’re planning to study in Thailand for more than three months, you will need to obtain an Education (NON-ED) Visa. Make sure to carefully check the rules and requirements for your specific situation at the immigration office, possibly the immigration office in Koh Samui if you’re in that region, and prepare all the necessary documents before applying. By doing so, you’ll be able to enjoy your studying experience in Thailand without any visa-related issues. If you need assistance, the Koh Samui immigration office is known for its helpful staff, and they can guide you through the process.