To all students of Koh Samui Language School
Life in Koh Samui never gets boring. Once you are used to the immigration rules, they get changed again. We, at KSTVS, understand that the better you are aware of the current situation, the less confusion there is, so we would like to update you on a few changes in ED visa extension terms made by the Immigration Department.
English & Chinese ED Visa
12 months – 4 extensions • or • 11 months – 3 extensions
Now, all holders of ED visa who study English or Chinese and wish to stay in Thailand one year will have to get their visas extended four times, following this scheme:
- You come to Thailand with your brand new ED visa and, when passing passport control, get a stamp for 3 months.
- Extension 1: Three months later, you go to the Immigration Office with a set of documents kindly prepared by the school and get another stamp for 3 more months .
- Extension 2: Three more months have gone by, it’s time for another visit to the Immigration Office. This time they will stamp your passport for only 2 months. Disappointing, we know, but this is what the new rules are.
- Extension 3: Next time you will get a stamp for 3 months again, which, along with the previous stamps, will let you stay in Thailand for up to 11 months.
- Extension 4: If you wish, you can get another stamp for 1 month, so that you can stay in Thailand for 1 year in total.
Thai ED Visa
9 months – 2 extensions • or • 15 months – 3 extensions 1 visa run
If you are learning Thai, the procedure is slightly different and is as follows:
- You arrive in Thailand with a new ED visa and get a 3-month stamp at the passport control.
- Extension 1: When your stamp is about to expire, you go to the Immigration Office with the set of documents prepared by the school and get another 3-month stamp.
- Extension 2: You do the same thing three months later.
- If you want to continue your studies, before your third stamp expires, you have to take a progress test in Thai. The good news is that there is no need to go to Surat Thani for that purpose any more. You can take the test in the school, and our teachers will provide you with any assistance you might need.
- Visa run: Once you have done the test, you should take a trip to a neighboring country and apply for a new ED visa, which will let you stay in Thailand for 6 more months.
- Extension 3: Three months after your visa run, you will have to pay another visit to the Immigration Office for your final extension.
All the steps might seem confusing at first sight, but do not worry – it is our job to guide you through all of them and provide full assistance at every stage. Our staff will answer all your questions and process all the paperwork for you.
Any concern regarding to your ED Visa, please feel free to drop by at our office Mon – Sat 8:30 – 18:00. Or give us a call 077 248 228 and 086-947-2883 Khun Pat