General FAQ

All your general FAQ questions about our school answered!

Is your school real?

Surprisingly yes, we do exist and are a real school.

Is your school licensed?

Yes, we have been licensed by the Ministry of Education to teach both Thai and English as well as offer Education Visas to our students.

Where is your school?

Our school is located on the Island of Samui. 11/8 Moo 1, Maenam
Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84330, Thailand

How long does it take to get to your school?

From almost any part of the island it should take maximum 1 hour on the main road, depending on traffic and how far off the main road you begin.

Do you only teach Thai and English?

Currently yes, we are planning on introducing Russian courses for children in the future though.

Are there any hidden costs?

No, our prices are open and honest. Once you pay our price you pay nothing else to us.

Do I pay you for my visa?

No, we take a processing fee to deal with the Ministry of Education. You pay the visa office where you collect your visa.

Can I join a course half way through?

Yes. If you are studying Thai you may be required to take a catch-up course before joining.

Are you teachers licensed?

Yes, all of our teachers at KSTVS have the correct qualifications and licenses to teach.

Are you English courses taught by English speakers only?

Yes, to teach English at our school you must be a native English speaker from either the UK, Canada, Australia or the USA.

Are you Thai courses taught by Thai speakers only?

Yes, our Thai language courses are taught by Thais.

Should I join an English course if I have no experience?

Yes, all ability levels are catered for at KSTVS.

What if I don’t like the course, can I change?

If you really are not getting on with your chosen course you might be able to use your remaining paid for hours in another course. But this must be agreed with school management.

What if I change my mind, can I get a refund?

No, at KSTVS we offer no refunds if you simply change your mind. Refunds are only offered in extreme situations on a case by case basis.

How many hours is 1 language level?

200 hours (6 months).

Do I have to pay for a whole level up front?

No, if you wish you can buy 100 hours (half a level) then after they expire buy the other 100 hours.

How many hours do I need to qualify for the education Visa?

8 hours per week.

What happens if I attend less than 8 hours?

You will not be entitled to an Education Visa.

What if I am ill one week and can’t attend, will I lose my visa?

No, if you have above 70% attendance on your record at the end of the course you will be fine.

Can you just help me get the visa and I not study at your school?

No, only students planning to study at KSTVS are entitled to our Education Visa.

I want to enrol in two courses, is that possible?

Yes, that is possible. You can speak to the school directly to find out more details.

I have no previous education, can I attend?

Yes, if you have no previous education you can still attend and will be placed using our online Placement test.