Education (ED) Visas Koh Samui Language School

Study Thai or English language with an ED Visa


y enrolling in one of our courses which entail more than 8 hours per week of study, you automatically qualify for an Education Visa, officially known as an Non-immigrant ED Visa. While you can attend one of our courses on a Tourist Visa, the Tourist Visa process in Thailand can be a hassle, the paper work alone is a nightmare, let alone once you’ve got your visa having to do lengthy, time consuming boarder runs just to get a 30 day extension. With an ED Visa, your time on Samui will be spend enjoying the months, not counting them.

By applying for an Education Visa you let us do the hard stuff for you, we send it off to the Ministry of Education to get your ED visa approved, then all your need to do is leave country, have your passport stamped, and return, it really is that simple. We sort all official aspects out for you, so your job is only to fill out the a couple simple forms and go get your ED visa.



Study Thai or English with an ED Visa

English For Adults Course Including Visa

Thai For Adults Course Including Visa

Process & Required Documents

Study Thai or English with an ED Visa

  • Fill in the form

    Fill out the visa application forms either online or in school. When filling these forms in please fill in all requested information, if the ministry of education didn’t need to know it, they wouldn’t ask it. We will need 12 passport sized photos, a copy and scan of your passport, a jpg. of your passport and a up to date copy of a bank statement.

  • If you’re not in Thailand

    If you’re not yet in Thailand, please speak to your nearest Thai embassy about what documents they need, as some embassies require the approval letter from the Ministry of Education and some don’t. It’s always wiser to find out first rather than having to be told later. And remember, we’re always here to help.

  • Pay the 50% deposit

    Pay course deposit. This deposit will be 50% of the course, once deposit is received we will release the letters to you once we’ve received them.

  • Go to the embassy

    On return of your application (between 2-4 weeks) take it, along with yourself, your passport and depending on region 60 USD or equivalent, to the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your area. You should be granted the visa either on the same day or within 24 hours.

  • Come to Samui

    Now with your freshly approved Thai Education Visa you have 2 months to enter Thailand on your visa, and make your way to beautiful Koh Samui.

  • Come to school

    Now you’re on Samui and have your course starting date, take the weight off your feet, unwind, and welcome to Paradise.

You are able to extend your ED visa at your nearest immigration office, unlike the tourist visa which requires lengthy and expensive border runs. Also, unlike a business visa, you won’t have to have a minimum of 50,000 TBH in the bank nor be entitled to pay any taxes. These visas are also popular due to their flexibility, as you can extend your visa up to 1 year of having lived in country. After which you can apply for a new yearly ED Visa and keep on doing so for a maximum of 5 years.

Due to new rules recently imposed, in order to meet ED visa criteria you need to attend your school/course for a minimum of 8 hours a week. Most applicants enroll in a 100 hour course, and once completed simply enroll in the next level up. Our courses vary in length and difficulty and are all structured half conversational work and half text book work, meaning 4 hours a week on each. It may not seem like much in the beginning but it really does add up, with most students being able to notice massive improvements in their speech compared to the beginning of the course.

An Ed Visa, Educational Visa, is by far the easiest and overall cheapest way to stay long term in Thailand, especially when compared to a Tourist or Business visa.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate in asking them, either visit our Visa FAQ page or contact us.